Thursday, January 15, 2009

Remembering a good friend

It is with great sorrow that I share the news that my friend Joan Phillips-Trimmer passed away last December. She was a great friend of Toxic Free NC who worked with us to reduce pesticide use in Chatham County Schools in 2007 - 08 while working at the Chatham County Health Department. She was a joyful, funny and thoughtful person who gave 110% to the projects she cared about. I'll miss her very much, and send my condolences and best wishes to her family and friends.

I wish I had a photo of her to share - preferably one with her head thrown back in a hearty laugh, which she did all the time - it made other people feel so happy and welcome. But I don't, so here's a beautiful autumn sunset over an organic farm in Chatham County instead - if warm, hearty laughter were colors, it might look something like this.


There will be a memorial service for Joan at Community Church of Chapel Hill this Saturday at 1 PM. Details here.

Here's a link to the Chatham County Schools IPM policy, which is among Joan's many accomplishments.

No comments: